Giving users the ability to add files and media to your site’s forms can make it way easier for you to collect the information you need.
Benefits, Features & Use Cases
With the upload field, your customers will be able to communicate more efficiently, as they will be able to include all kinds of files complementing their submit.
There are plenty of supported files.
Documents (.doc, .xls, .ppt, and .pdf)
Images (.png, .gif, and .jpg)
Video (.mpg, .mov, and .wmv)
Audio (.wav, .mp3, and .mp4)
- Improve communication with your customers.
- No more hassle with sending numerous emails and tons of attachments
- You can use these files to send customized price quotes
- Collect data from your customers to provide a better purchase experience
Where Does it Go?
- The file gets uploaded to your WP upload folder and can be accessed via the Quote Management System.
- NOTE: The file does not automatically get attached to the outgoing email that the frontend user receives (along with their quote PDF file) due to email deliverability issues. In the future, we will create a setting for you to choose if the file gets attached or not.
Watch It In-Action
How to Activate & Use This Feature
To add a new File Upload Field, click on the "+ Add Element" button
Then click over "File Upload" and that's it! You've added a file upload field to your form.
Settings & Options
Add a title to your file upload field.
Add a placeholder to your file upload field. For example: "Upload your ID"
You can customize the types of files that your customers are gonna be able to upload
You can set a maximum upload size in kilobytes (kbs)
Where Does the File Go? File Storage
- The file gets sent to the user and admin email as a file attachment
- The file also gets stored in your Quote Management Screen
Image Buttons: https://designful.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/48001207056-element-image-buttons
Number input: https://designful.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/48001081164-element-number-input
Text Area: https://designful.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/48001142349-element-text-area-